Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's a sock!

This afternoon on the bus commute home I finished a sock! OK, so the toe still needs to be sewn shut, but I prefer to do the toes of both socks of a pair at once. Yes, I have a whole 'nother sock to knit! This is Opal Brasil yarn, I think I bought at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival last year, and the pattern is the sock recipe from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1580178340/yarnharlot-20this . I modified it a bit to make it just a crew sock and to shape the toes to fit my foot. Thanks, Steph, my first blog I ever read, and have been reading for a couple years now - check out the Yarn Harlot link under "Blogs I Read" for one of the funniest things on the internet! Even muggle (non-knitter) friends like this one!

The mate to this one will hopefully be started tomorrow night. I'm still not very comfortable with starting the sock out, as it is very wobbly until you get 3 or 4 rows done. So, I can't KOTB (knit on the bus) until I'm past the wobbly point!


No comments: