Ramblings of a working Mom as she tries to fit a few stitches in here and there between housework, yardwork, and workwork!
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Measure Twice, Cut Once
I bought a dinosaur print fabric to make my nephew a pillowcase for Christmas but due to circumstances beyond my control, it didn't get made. Thought I'd do that this weekend and send it to him as a surprise. Erik saw the fabric and asked if I could make him one too. I held up the fabric and said, sure, I have enough! I ripped the fabric in half and proceeded to make the first pillowcase. It was very cute, with a lime green end and red piping between the two fabrics. (I love my piping foot on my serger!) then I held it up and realized it looked a little small. Tried to put a standard-sized pillow in - dang! It doesn't fit! So, what am I going to do with a too-small pillowcase? Suggestions welcome! And the moral of this story is, measure! At least once!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
make a small pillow to go inside the small pillow case?
teri
make one side the dino print with contrasting trim and the other out of solid fabric with the dino print as trim?
Post a Comment