I'd been so good the past couple of months, not buying much fabric at all, but yesterday I fell off the stash reduction bandwagon! Did you hear the big THUD? I walked into a JoAnn's fabric store while E was playing YuGiOh at a local comics store and walked out with 34 yards of fabric. Yes, 34! But it wasn't all my fault! You see, E has a pair of pjs that I made him last summer that just the other night he commented he loved so much, did I have more of that fabric to make him more? No, I didn't. I really hate disappointing him like that. So, when I saw the bolt of the very same fabric sitting on the clearance shelf, what choice did I have? None, as I saw it. The bolt had to come home with me, so that I could make more of the favorite pajamas, maybe even a couple years' worth! And then there were two other prints in the same fabric so I had to bring them home also. I did get what I went into the store for, which was a cotton print for some pillowcases for our bedroom. Then I decided to get a New Look dress pattern (#6679) someone on the Sew4Me list had mentioned, and found a knit to test the pattern for $0.98 a yard!
Luckily it is early in the month and if I really keep to my goal of sewing 4 times a week I might be able to climb out of my stash reduction hole (see sidebar). I washed all of the fabric last night as soon as I got home, so I'm ready to sew!
I got a good start this morning, making 6 pillowcases from the floral print. I have about a yard left over that will be nice for American Girl-style doll dresses. 6 yards down, 28 to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment