Where did the past week go?! Oh, yeah, Ipods and sewing! DH was getting a new Ipod for Father's Day, and part 2 of that deal was I would get his Ipod mini that he's had for about 2 years. He finally decided which one, color, etc so I ordered it from the Apple Store last weekend, proud of myself for not waiting until the last minute! And wouldn't you know it was delivered on Tuesday, all the way from Shanghai, China (FedEx tracking is wonderful!)! So, Tuesday evening was spent playing with the new toy (of course we had to give it to him right away - remember part 2 of the deal?) and the rest of the week I loaded songs onto my new-to-me toy. The first day I took it on the bus I realized Kurt had not shown me how to adjust the volume, but being the techno-whiz (lucky) person I am, I soon figured it out (accidentally)! Now I can listen to music and podcasts on my morning and afternoon commutes! I bought myself BRIGHT PINK headphones so the males in this household aren't tempted to use them! (I don't think I have to worry about the dog) What's on my Ipod? Oldies like the Partridge Family, the Monkees, Fleetwood Mac and Barry Manilow, country (Shania and Garth), Latin (Gloria E), various movie soundtracks, Celtic/folk (Maggie Sansone, Al Petteway, Amy Wright, Bonnie Rideout), rock (Styx, Queen) and podcasts from Material Mama (Nutmeg) and Sew Forth Now (Lori). More to come, but loading CDs on the computer takes a while.
Yesterday E and I decided to get out of the heat and go see a movie. Surf's Up was his pick - cute movie. The animation is so realistic! I give it 3 1/2 (out of 5) stars. We also saw a few previews for other movies coming out this summer we'd like to see, especially "Underdog."
Did I say something about deadlines? Ah, yes, sewing deadlines! This Wednesday is the last day of school and I've been racking my brain for an idea for a nice gift for E's teacher. I had heard she was moving into a new house. She's also a U of MD graduate (as are DH and I) so I thought maybe to include that somehow. Well, on Monday I came up with an idea that requires some sewing, and by Wednesday had located the required fabrics. I'm not going to reveal or post pictures yet, just in case she should take a peak at the blog (I sent her the link to see the dog show pictures). But, progress is being made. This morning I'm going to let E sit at the sewing machine and sew a seam or two, so he can say he helped. Stay tuned for pics...
And in the meantime, I remembered we have a baby shower at work and I wanted to make a baby flannel rag blanket, which seems to have become my standard baby shower gift. Got the fabrics for that yesterday, cut the strips this morning. Not sure how I'll work this one in with the teacher's gift, but giving it after the shower is also an option. Chances are I'll be called into a meeting and miss the shower anyway - that happens a lot these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment