Friday, July 20, 2007

Dear Blog,

Dear Blog,

I am so sorry that I have ignored you the past 3 weeks. I have popped in from time to time to check on you, to use the links to my favorite blogs, but I’ve not added an entry for too long. Please forgive me, and allow me to catch up.

Since I last blogged:

I’ve not sewn a stitch – the sewing stuff is still packed, I even packed what I originally kept out in case I needed a “sewing fix.” The bedroom switch project has definitely stalled, although most of the scrapbooking supplies are packed and the guinea pig’s cage was moved. In the near future DH and DS are going to go on an adventure for a couple of days, so the dog and I are planning on getting done as much as possible by ourselves as we can. More later…

I have been knitting! The too-long Jaywalker sock has been shortened and its toe finished.

Opal Brasil sock #2 has a heel now, and I’m on the dreaded “pick up stitches” for the gusset – my least favorite part of the sock. I was browsing sock yarns on ebay the other night and came across two Lorna’s Laces Shepherd colorways that reminded me of two friends, so I decided to get an early start on Christmas gifts (yes, for 2007!). Why the sudden surge in sock knitting? Well, besides it filling my need for creativity, my bus ride to and from work has gotten a bit longer. One of three bridges to cross the Anacostia River into DC has been closed for a 2 month reconstruction project, which has increased traffic and also caused the commuter bus service to make some changes to the routes and schedules. I think I’m the only rider who has welcomed the longer ride – I generally don’t have to be home in a hurry during the summer and I get to knit longer! Or nap longer! The yarn is here, but my needles are not, so I will knit along on the Opal sock until then. Maybe the Opals will be my county fair entry this year.

DS and Princess were in their second dog show, and took second place in both fitting and showing and pre-novice obedience! Their points total made them Jr Reserve Champions! I was so proud, not only of the ribbons but that DS was less nervous and as a handler did a better job working with the dog. It’s not easy for a 10 yr old boy to stand perfectly still for the 3 minute Long Down!



DS is at camp up in the mountains until tomorrow afternoon! DH and I have eaten out almost every night, going to the restaurants that DS doesn’t like! Sunday night was Mexican, Tuesday I took off and we had lunch at a Korean restaurant in Virginia, Wednesday it was an Indian restaurant. It’s very quiet in the house! I havent' heard "MOM!" in 6 days!

It hasn’t rained! There have been a few spotty showers, but it rains too hard, too fast, and the water runs right off! Everything is dying in the garden – watering is not something we are inclined to do. The pond is a mere muddy spot. The upside is, there are no pesky mosquitoes so being outside in the evening is lovely, and, we've not had to cut the grass in several weeks!

Our mailbox got knocked down at 1am last Sunday morning! Along with the newspaper tubes, a phone pole guy wire, and a small cedar tree! The driver who plowed it all down got out of his car, locked it, and ran off! We called the police, who responded very quickly, searched the area, and towed it away!





We built a ramp for my MIL’s motorized scooter to get in and out of the house. Sixteen feet long, and it took about 4 hours.

The next Harry Potter book comes out tonight, but I’m sure I’ll be in dreamville at 12:01am, not at Borders! Yes, I confess, I've not read the HP books. I'd rather read a sewing book or a good police drama.



Blog, I promise I will try to be more faithful and attentive. Especially when I can sew again!

1 comment:

mermaids said...

i have not read the HP books either. i love to read and will read a wide variety of books. the HP books are wonderful and well written. i have read bits and pieces aloud to students, enough to let me know the books are not for me. however, the boys are hounding me about reading them. i just might when we go to the beach....with a whole suitcase full of books. :)

teri