Saturday, August 18, 2007

Comings and Goings

Miss me? I went to Georgia on business this last week and it was HOT HOT HOT! Now I know why they call it Hotlanta! It was a good trip, very productive. We met lots of folks from our Agency and exchanged lots of ideas.

While I was there a friend (non-knitter) took me to Main Street Yarns in Watkinsville, GA. Great LYS and the staff was very helpful and friendly! They had a fantastic selection of sock yarn and I had to control myself. Only 4 came home with me:
Then I found out that they were having a class that night in knitting socks on circular needles, which I've been wanting to try. Unfortunately we couldn't stay, so one of the staff gave me a mini lesson, let me try knitting on a sock she had in progress - I was hooked! I bought an Addi Turbo circular needle and she gave me a paper with some basic instructions and several internet links. This one is particularly helpful. I couldn't wait to get started! I played a little with it and practiced and have just started a real sock that hopefully will be a Christmas gift! The shop was so nice that it inspired my friend to want to come back for a knitting class!

This week DH is back at school but DS hasn't started yet so it is my annual week with DS! And it has been cloudy and cooler (even rained!) all week - yippee! After the hot dry summer we've had this weather is totally welcome! Monday we helped DH set up his classroom - I'm the bulletin board decorator in the family. Tuesday we met friends at G Street Fabrics in Rockville - much restraint, only bought 3 fabrics and a pattern! Wednesday was for errands and dog bath day, for Thursday was the State Fair 4H Dog show! It was a crazy, long day and all were VERY tired at days end, but I'm proud to report a 6th place in obedience for DS and dog! Today we'll be running all over the place, from orthodontist to hair cut to meet the teacher day to movie theater to see Mr. Bean! Review to follow!

No comments: