The guys (DH and DS) came home on Friday! Where were they, you ask? They visited family in Connecticut and took a 2 day side trip into NYC. For obvious security/safety reasons I did not mention in my blog that I was home alone for 9 days (well, me and the dog!). The house was SO quiet! I worked a couple extra hours , ate carry out and frozen dinners and I watched TV, especially the Washington Nationals games (GO NATS!) and a few new-to-me things on the BBC America cable channel. Those Brits have a different standards for TV, that's for sure! The guys had lots of fun, visited the Maine coast one day, Mystic Seaport and Aquarium, Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square, the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of Art. They also stopped in Colchester Mill Fabrics, which I'll post about later!
I was bummed that I didn't have this whole bedroom project done before they went, or I would have been sewing the whole time! Oh well, I did make progress while they were gone, but DH still came home to sleeping in the current bedroom. We've changed our project plan just slightly (good thing I have project management training - we've changed the schedule, not the requirements, scope, or WBS!). So, right now I'm pulling up the carpet in Bedroom #1, revealing a beautiful, unfinished oak hardwood floor! They will be finished when this whole switch project is done! After the carpet that doesn't have boxes sitting on it is up, we'll move the dressers and go get our new bed! I'm hoping by Tuesday night!
Here's the floor. I think a light sanding will get that honeycomb shadow from the pad up.

This is the north wall, where the bed will eventually go. Remember, this is a work in progress! Right now it looks pretty scary! I had to pile my clean clothes on top of the dresser because of all the boxes stacked in front of the drawers!

This is the northeast corner, well, at least behind all the boxes and bins of sewing and scrapbooking and miscellaneous stuff is a wall!

This is the west wall, to the right is the master bathroom. That's where I started pulling up the carpet. I'm going to keep those curtains, and I'm thinking that we'll end up painting the walls sage green.
We'll see how far we get today! I'll report tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment