Where have the past two weeks gone? Seems like I get up, go to work, get home, help DS with homework and getting to bed, then I collapse in bed. The laundry elves have not shown up to do our laundry, and I think the dog wears all of our clothes during the day while we're at work. How can 3 people possibly create these mountains of laundry?!
Oh well, since I last blogged, we have done a few fun things in between work and sleep!
- We went out to dinner for my birthday and afterwards strolled through Pier 1 Imports. I found a Laurel Burch dog tapestry pillow and bought it with some birthday gift $. Very sad that such a wonderful artist has passed away. I hope her artwork will live on in textiles and embroidery designs.
- Speaking of my birthday, DS and DH gave me a pink Nintendo DS Lite. Not sure that it was something I wanted, but the "Brain Age" games are fun. DS and I had given DH the red one for his birthday. DS is feeling left out. I keep telling him he can use mine, but he days, it's PINK!
- Last Sunday was our local Humane Society's Bark in the Park, a fundraiser and fun day for the animals (mostly dogs, although there was a little pig on a leash!). There were games for the dogs, prizes, a parade, craft show, lots of freebies and fun. They recognize all of the dogs who have been adopted/rescued from shelters with a "Shelter Graduate" ribbon. Here's our "graduate"
- We finished DS's dresser drawers and moved his clothes in. Still a work in progress. We read the fine print on the "metal" border stuff and saw that it can't be used on a wall. So, we've been surfing border/wallpaper sites and may have found a winner! We have two samples to decide between today and order.
- One of our hens has gone broody! We have no idea why, as they are supposedly a production strain, which has broodiness bred out of them. I am tempted to let her set for a while, just in case she had wandered through the woods back to where we hear two roosters in someone's yard. It would be neat to have baby chicks!
- I made great progress on the re-started sock. Hopefully the third time's the charm. If this sock is going to be one half of a Christmas gift, I have to get knitting! I was the only one on the bus yesterday afternoon who was happy that we got stuck in traffic!
- I found more of the curtain fabric for DS's room, so not only will he have curtains, I can make a quilt (a simple one!) and some pillows!
1 comment:
happy birthday!!! congrats on the DS. that could be a fun way thing to do on the train.
Post a Comment