Saturday, October 20, 2007

Finally, I sewed!

No, the sewing room is not set up yet. In fact, we just moved the DS's bunk beds from old bedroom/sewing room to his new bedroom yesterday afternoon. They take up more room than I had pictured, but he still has more space than in bedroom #3. Now "all" that needs to be done is to clear out the junk left behind, including the closet of stuff, pull up the carpet, scrape the border off the walls, paint, move the sewing and scrapbooking stuff in and set it up. Guess I'll be busy this weekend!



No, my sewing "fix" was at my scrapbooking group! Since my scrapbooking gear is all packed up still, I grabbed my spare sewing machine that I had forgotten was in the dining room, the fabric for DS's curtains, the thread and my iron, and headed to the girl's night out. Any and all crafts are welcome, and some gals show up just to sit and chat sometimes. I hadn't been for a while so it was nice to see old friends and make a few new ones! Anyway, it was so nice to take needle and thread to fabric, and DS is excited to have new curtains in his new room! I even covered a throw pillow with extra fabric.

No comments: