Saturday, November 3, 2007

DH has Fabric Stash!

I wish I had been keeping better track of how much fabric I have purchased this year, because in a single weekend, DH has probably out-purchased me! On Saturday he brought home a roll of olive green nylon something water repellent fabric, probably 20 - 25 yards on the roll, from a local thrift shop. I could make rain ponchos DS's entire class (if I wanted to). On Sunday he brought home a roll of PINK fleece from a different thrift shop. 60 inches wide, 68.5 yards of the stuff, on a roll, wrapped in plastic! He said he thought I liked fleece pajamas. I could make at least 20 sets of pajamas for ME (size 18). Where to put this? We stored it on the back seat of the truck all week, mainly because A) we dont' use the truck much now that the price of gas has gone up again and B) I don't have a sewing room yet. And when I do, where will it go?

So, I am NOT claiming this stash as mine. It is DH's. I, however, will assist in finding uses/new homes for the fleece. Want some? Give me a shout in the comments and I will gladly send you a couple yards!

2 comments:

mermaids said...

goodness!! that's a lot of fleece. if i think of any use for it, i'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

Use some of that fleece to make blankets for a women's shelter. I cut 2yds and serge around the edges with a rolled hem or flat hem. They will be so appreciative.