We pulled out of the park and ride about 7:30am on one of the busses from the same company who run the commuter bus route. (So far the day was like my M-F) After picking up more folks at another park and ride on the way, we hit I-95 and headed north!
About 11am we pulled into the Hilton Hotel's bus depot. They handed us each a coupon to redeem for $21. I guess the idea is to gamble it away right there, as you have to go into the casino part to cash it. No, DH and I each pocketed the money and hit the beach!
The travelling sock saw the ocean:
We walked for several blocks in the sand, picking up the occasional nice shell. Then up to the boardwalk.
We found a store that I could be VERY happy in:
Outside of one of the posh hotel/casinos there were famous people's handprints, and I found my favorite:
We were supposed to meet back at the bus at 5, and quite frankly, that was the perfect amount of time. My elbow was very tired from carrying several one pound boxes of salt water taffy! We boarded the bus and headed home. I listened to several podcasts: Lime and Violet, Sew Forth Now, and YarnCraft. Knitted more on my Lost sock. Luckily traffic was light and were were home around 9. A long but fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment