Ramblings of a working Mom as she tries to fit a few stitches in here and there between housework, yardwork, and workwork!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
New Feathered Friend!
This evening when I went out to the chicken coop to collect eggs and fill the feeder, there was a parakeet sitting in our driveway! Cute little fella, he acted like he was just worn out so he was pretty easy to scoop up and take into the house. We already have a parakeet so I popped him into the cage with Snowball. He went straight for the food dish and ate for quite a while. DS has named him Patches. I'll give the local animal shelter a call tomorrow to report him found in case someone reports him missing, but given the weather we've had lately and how hungry he was, it's hard to say how far he flew before landing in our drive. I know he wouldn't have lasted much longer, with a neighbor's cat and all sorts of wild critters around here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
poor little guy! good thing he ended up at your house. :)
Post a Comment