ps - these aren't the only fabric bins in the house, but I have to start somewhere, right?!
Ramblings of a working Mom as she tries to fit a few stitches in here and there between housework, yardwork, and workwork!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Stash Attack!
I am being held hostage by my fabric stash! There, I have said it! I have realized that not only do the bins of fabric stand between me and my scrapbooking, they keep me from moving around in my pretty sewing room, and they make me feel too guilty to buy any fabrics. So, the bins have to go! Here's the stack, the clear bins with the black lids:
Just ignore the beige ones for now! They have been moved, and generally have other things besides fabric in them. It's the clear bins that haunt me, so they have to go! I'm starting at the top, and each week hope to deal with another bin. The fabric must be made into something useful, at least begun to make into something, or be out the door, one bin per week. That top bin I started on Monday. It's an easy one to start with. 4 yards of Pokemon fleece and a few other assorted small pieces. DS walked into the room as I opened it and asked for a blanket and pillowcase from the fleece. That was easy! 2 1/2 yards dealt with. Each Sunday night I will report the fate of the fabric from the bin of the week. I'll keep track on the right.
ps - these aren't the only fabric bins in the house, but I have to start somewhere, right?!
ps - these aren't the only fabric bins in the house, but I have to start somewhere, right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck! Reducing stash fabric is my goal too right now. So far for 2008 I haven't bought any new fabric, but have made several items for the family!
Post a Comment