While I was making this I realized I should be taking pictures as I go along, especially when I figured out how to stitch the bag onto the handle! I was too lazy to stop, go downstairs and get the camera. I think I need to keep a small camera in the sewing room.
Ramblings of a working Mom as she tries to fit a few stitches in here and there between housework, yardwork, and workwork!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Quick Project
This morning I was digging through a box of stuff that I had moved from the bedroom into the sewing room and came across a set of round bamboo purse handles. I really don't remember buying them, but suspect they were on a clearance table somewhere and I thought, gee, maybe I'll make a purse! Then I spied a yard of cotton print that I thought might make a nice bright pillowcase - a couple of years ago. Ah-ha! A tote bag! I made it up as I went along, learned a few things for the "next time," but liked it so much I might make a few for Christmas gifts. Will have to keep an eye out for the 50% notions wall sales at JoAnn's.
I love how the large lizard is centered - purely by accident, I assure you!
While I was making this I realized I should be taking pictures as I go along, especially when I figured out how to stitch the bag onto the handle! I was too lazy to stop, go downstairs and get the camera. I think I need to keep a small camera in the sewing room.
While I was making this I realized I should be taking pictures as I go along, especially when I figured out how to stitch the bag onto the handle! I was too lazy to stop, go downstairs and get the camera. I think I need to keep a small camera in the sewing room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
cute bag! i need to get over whatever is stopping me from making some bags. i love seeing what everyone else is making. don't know why i don't give it a try.
i think totes would make awesome holiday gifts.
Awesome bag! Love the fabric!
~Pam
Very nice! What a fun purse.
Very cute bag! I LOVE this fabric!
Love it!!!
Hi
yes I wish you had done the pictures as well. I have this same fabric just sitting here I could have made your purse using your directions and my material. thanks for sharing. judyyak
Post a Comment