Monday, August 25, 2008

Peace and Quiet

DS started middle school today. He has to get the bus at 6:20 in the morning, so at 6:10 we walked down to the corner, about 4 houses down. The sun wasn't even up, although the sky was light and pretty pastel colors. The chickens hadn't even come out of the coop yet. There was a doe in the field across the street, and a V-formation of geese landed beside her. Silly me forgot to take the camera! I'll have it ready for when he gets off the bus this afternoon - wait, does he know his bus number? I didn't write it down for him! Yes, I think I've been more stressed about this transition to middle school than he has!

I think for now I'll enjoy the peace and quiet, though!

4 comments:

Saralyn said...

We are in the same boat. Punkin starts middle school next week, and she's decided to stress about it. We went to registration last Thursday and I walked her from one classroom to the next. I made her open her locker three times in a row--that took a while -G-. She has to catch the bus at 7:15, which, after reading your post about the 6:20 bus, now sounds late (!). Last year, school started at 8:35, and I was continually dragging her out of bed at 7:30-7:45. This will be a big transition... in lots of ways.

Keep us posted on how it's going--you have a week's headstart on me. I'm going to need all the help I can get!

Saralyn

Sue said...

I did take the camera in the afternoon, but I had the dog too, so I sortof forgot to use the camera!

Anonymous said...

oh goodness....that is way too early....tho it sounds like it was a pretty morning.

Denise said...

aww...hope he had a great day (and you too Mom!)