Sunday, January 11, 2009

Itchy to rearrange!

I'm getting itchy to rearrange my sewing room - again! I have a layout in mind, but it will require the purchase of either a length of countertop from Lowe's or a piece of white melamine like my scrapbook table. Not in the budget for this month or next, and I really need to get rid of some of the clutter in there before I do this anyway. LOL - such as bins of fabric and assorted stuff I moved from the spare bedroom when it became the master bedroom! So, I am setting a goal of May 1. One of the goals of the new layout will be to get my ironing board set up - right now I have a pad on a dresser. I have an older steam generating iron but to be perfectly honest I'm not in love with it. I think I want to go back to a regular iron, one with an auto shutoff. I'm too scatterbrained - yesterday I left the steam generator iron on all day, after having sewed for a little in the morning. That scares me!

I sewed two more tote bags yesterday and this morning sewed up a pair of fleece pjs for DS out of the Steelers fleece - maybe he can wear them during the game to bring them luck today!

4 comments:

mermaids said...

and i'm whining because my steam gen seems to be giving up the ghost. i had to use my old auto shut off iron the other day and i hated it.

Sue said...

I think my steam generator iron is just too big and I don't like the stiff heavy "cord". I'd like to get one of those extra wide ironing boards too!

Saralyn said...

I get the urge to rearrange when I spend a lot of time in my studio. One of my goals is to clean some stash out of the closet and set up a scrapbook table in there--I use your pics for inspiration (I just had to go and look at them again -sigh-).

Target has extra-wide ironing boards, or at least they did a couple years ago. I've seen them more recently at Costco.

BTW--did you know that you had exactly 55 post in 2007 AND 2008. Coincidence?

Probably --g--

Sue said...

55, eh? Yeah - I meant to do that!

I'll have to take some more recent pictures next time my scrapbooking desk is all straightened up. Recently I "repurposed" a CD stand to hold my stamping supplies - they were definitely out of site, out of mind!