Friday, March 13, 2009

Counting Blessings

I'm going to try to get through the next 24 hours without complaining or whining about anything. I need to count my blessings, hug my loved ones, and be thankful. DH and I have good, secure jobs, good health, a roof over our heads. DS is a great kid, and we enjoy doing things together as a family.

Why am I saying this? I have a friend whose husband is fighting for his life in ICU, a co-worker who lost her significant other very suddenly and unexpectedly last month, another co-worker who lost her home and pets in a fire a week ago, and at least two friends with husbands out of work.

Now, please excuse me while I go give hugs.

1 comment:

Caleb said...

i could not agree more. it is so easy to slip into whining mode and think about all the little annoyances we have in our day. just look around, especially these days, and most of us will see that it could be a lot worse.

so sorry your friends are going thru these things.