I made this recipe from the 4oth Anniversary Pace Picante Sauce cookbook (from 1987) and I've had several requests for the recipe, so here it is!
Mexi-corn Lasagna
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 17 oz can whole kernel corn, drained (but I used about 2 C frozen cause that's what I had!)
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 C Pace picante sauce (I used salsa instead but I do like picante better)
1 T chili powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
16 oz low-fat cottage cheese
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
12 6 inch corn tortillas
1 C shredded cheddar (I used the Mexican 4 cheese blend)
Mix browned meat, corn, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder, cumin. Simmer 5 min. In a separate bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs, parmesan, oregano, garlic salt and mix well. In a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish arrange 6 tortillas so they overlap and go up the sides a little. Top with half the meat mixture, the cottage cheese mixture, the remaining 6 tortillas, and the rest of the meat mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle top with shredded cheddar and return to oven until melted. Let stand 10 min before serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment