Monday, May 21, 2007

Let's Go Nats!

It was a glorious day for baseball at good old RFK Stadium! The crowd was an interesting mix of Orioles shirts and caps and Nationals shirts and caps. In fact, some families and other groups had both teams' gear! I was wearing red and blue and a Nat's "Curly W" hat and E was wearing his Jr. Orioles Dugout Club hat from 2 seasons ago. I wasn't sure who to cheer for - why not cheer for both teams?

In the tradition of all (?) blogging sock knitters, I took a travelling sock picture. Opal Brasil #2 was "born" on the Metro on the way to the game, and here is 4 rows old!


The game was very exciting! Excellent pitching, good hitting and base running, and some super fielding by both sides. In the end the Nats prevailed and won it in the 8th inning, 4-3.
Who was I rooting for? The Nats! It was very strange to see Orioles uniforms on the field and not be cheering them on. After all, I grew up just outside of Baltimore and my Dad had a season ticket plan at Memorial Stadium so I got to see about 15 Orioles games a year, sitting 5 rows behind the Orioles dugout! Earl Weaver, Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer, etc, all were my childhood heroes. But, this is a different O's team, and the Nats are my home team. I'll still cheer for the O's in the American League, and wonder what it would be like to have the O's and Nats in the World Series!

No comments: