Just a quick post as I start one of my favorite days of the year - Indy 500 Day! Even though I prefer stock car racing to open wheel, watching Indy is a tradition I grew up with, from back when it was a tape delayed telecast. My Dad and I would avoid all news all day to keep from hearing who won so we could watch and be surprised! Now there is a bonus - tonight is the NASCAR CocaCola 600, so there's actually 1100 miles of racing to watch.
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't sit in front of the TV and watch the cars go round and round! No, I sew! And sew and sew! DH and E will be off at a Pokemon tournament all day so it's just me and the dog! and the TV and sewing machines!
In preparation for today, last night I took fabric and patterns to my scrapbooking group's crop instead of pictures and paper! In 5 hours I cut out 10 projects. Would have been more but for several I had to trace the patterns first.
I'll be fueling up (threading the machines) in about 4 hours - when the green flag drops, I'll be putting the (sewing machine) pedal to the medal!
2 comments:
Sounds like a great day, have fun sewing and cheering for your favorite driver. Is Carl Edwards (99) in the Indy 500?
i hope you get 500 yards of fabric sewn up. ok, maybe that is a little unrealistic....500 yards of thread? :)
i'm not into car racing, but i do hope to spend the day sewing....if i can manage to turn a blind eye to the mess in the house.
teri
Post a Comment