Monday, May 28, 2007

Sew Many Sleep Pants

Yesterday was a great day for sewing! As soon as the guys left for the Pokemon tournament, I threw a load of laundry in and made a pitcher of mint iced tea. The first project I tackled was the no-sew fleece blanket for a friends’ son’s birthday. It originally was for Christmas but, um, well, it will be a really nice birthday gift! And, it’s done 6 days BEFORE his birthday! I will pop it in the mail this week so he has it in time, and tuck in a Toy’s R Us gift card with it. (If you are reading this, Lisa, don’t show Jr!)

Next was something for me – flannel sleep pants. Light pink with darker pink flowers, perfect with a pink T-shirt (love those AC Moore T-shirts when they are on sale for $2!). Next, switched to blue threads and cranked out 6 pr of sleep pants/shorts – 2 pants and a shorts for E, shorts for my nephew, and 2 pr sleep pants for AG dolls! Will have to make an AC Moore run for matching T-shirts.

I only stopped when the dog barked outside (a black snake was in the yard), for lunch and dinner, and to put another load of laundry in. And the racing? I watched Indy until the rain delay, then switched to the NASCAR pre-race festivities. The guys got home about 9 – E finished in 4th place!

All that sewing has me fired up to sew more! For the record, the boy's sleep pants were KS 3042, mine were drafted in PMB, and the AG dolls patterns from one of my Joan Hind's books.

Today was for errands, various house chores, and cleaning the chicken coop. I even cooked dinner - turkey thighs on the grill, grill zucchini, and au gratin potatoes.

No comments: