Friday, June 15, 2007

The Great Bedroom Switch, Day 1

A few months ago DH and I were discussing the upstairs and bedroom space. We discussed a couple of options, settling on switching rooms around. We would move into the master bedroom (we currently sleep in bedroom #2), E would move from bedroom #3 to bedroom #2, and I would claim bedroom #3 for sewing and scrapping. That room was my sewing room when we first moved into the house 16 years ago and I lost it to E when he came along 10 years ago!

So, now that it is summer and our schedule much lighter, the transformation can begin!

Step 1 is to pack up my sewing and scrapping stuff, so that's what I started tonight. I'm getting rid of my old sewing table - it's that particleboard stuff and the top has been broken for years. I'm packing stuff in clear plastic bins so I can see what's in them, and then will use the bins for my stash, to stack in the new sewing room closet. The desk I've been scrapping on will also get pitched and I think I'll get a 4 foot table. My supplies will be on a shelf unit and a rolling cart.

Will post progress, but I expect this is going to take several weeks, if not the whole summer. I would love to be able to take 2 weeks off of work to just focus on this project, but I don't have enough leave. So, we'll just do a little each night, more on the weekends! We'll be buying a new bed for us, a dresser for E, pulling up carpets and finishing the hardwood floors underneath. Plus, painting! and DH had a notion about knocking the wall between the master bedroom closet and the walk-in closet from the hall to make one big walk-in closet. that DH can come up with some good ideas!

1 comment:

mermaids said...

sounds like loads of fun....and hard work...but it will be worth it. i think a trip to ikea is order. :) they have some great desk and tables that work well in the sewing room. it will be like moving into a new house with the fresh paint and newly finished floors.

teri