
First, the flannel was cut into 6 inch wide strips.

Strips were sewn together, two red to two black per seam. I did sets of 6 alternating strips.

Then the panels were cut crosswise in 6 inch strips.

Those strips were sewn so all the seam allowances are on the same side, in a checkerboard pattern.

Then the snipping began! For an entire day the quilt went with me almost everywhere, including a restaurant!

After 3 trips thru the washer and dryer, and a little trimming and reinforcement stitching, it was done! Before 9pm the night before it was to be given too - probably a record for me!
4 comments:
Sue this is awesome!!! Your hands must be numb. Great job.
it looks so cozy and snuggly! lovely that you made it extra large. it's so frustrating trying to snuggle under a too small quilt. i bet she loves it and will use it often.
teri
Wow! That's wonderful. Give your hands a vacation and spa now, they deserve it!
I'm actually very surprised they did not hurt! I used my applique scissors and they cut like butter!
Post a Comment