Friday, June 22, 2007

The Great Bedroom Switch, Week 1

I've decided that I should post progress by week instead of day, as I don't get to make progress every day. In fact, I haven't done much at all this week. Once I get home, have dinner (and sometimes I'm the cook too), spend a little time with my family, I'm too pooped to pack!

Tonight DH was out, E watched a movie, and I filled some empty bins with fabric and other sewing "stuff". I even took apart my sewing machine table, which was easier than trying to get the whole thing down the steps and out to the porch for a run to the landfill tomorrow! It's all gravitating to the corner near my closet, and I think I can make enough space to move the desk the computer is on. That's my goal for tomorrow!

Meanwhile, I can't be totally without a sewing fix for the couple of weeks this is going to take, so I have reserved the bare essentials I'll need for my next sewing project, a purse! I had to pick E up from the camp bus today, but I was a few minutes early so I popped into a nearby quilt store. I just happened to have a purse pattern with me, The Whimsy Bag from Lazy Girl Designs. Purple and lime seem to be "my colors" this summer, so that's what I was looking for. I picked out 4 Moda fabrics and was off to pick up E just in time! The fabric is washing so I'll have to post a pic later.

I'm getting hooked on podcasts, so I surfed i-Tunes a bit and found some knitting blogs to alternate with the sewing blogs during my commute. Now that we have cable internet I can download in a snap! Wow!

3 comments:

mermaids said...

purple and lime sounds fabulous! can't wait to see the finished product.

the upside of the bedroom migration is the opportunity to weed out stuff you don't need anymore.

teri

Lori said...

Good job on the continual job of packing rooms. I just finished a bag, great summer project. I am hooked on podcasts too. I don't know knit but listen to a knitting one. Also, a couple of gardening ones. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

I hope you'll post a picture of the Whimsy Bag when it's done. I love purple and lime.

Can't wait to see it.

My best,
Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs