I took today off to work on the bedroom project. I've made great progress in the master bedroom and may even be sleeping in there this weekend. I was up by 6 and worked until noon, watching the back episodes of Night Shift and listening to Material Mama podcasts while I went through boxes of "stuff"! So much paper, and much of it is old enough that it can be discarded. Don't worry, I'll either shred or burn (when the burning ban is lifted).
So, when noon came I showered, dressed, and went to get my hair cut and run errands. I needed more DPNs for sock knitting, paint samples, etc. DH had mentioned the possibility of getting a new mattress from Sam's Club, so I dropped by there to check on the price. On the way out of Sam's parking lot, a State government van backed into the front bumper of my car! We had to call the state police to file a report (requirement of state employees). We ended up waiting almost an hour for the police to arrive, etc. the lady driving the van and her passenger were very nice and we sat on a curb in the shade chatting away the whole time. At least if you're going to have an accident, get hit by a nice person!
Still, that totally rattled my day, I ended up just coming home and took the dog for a walk. No further progress on the bedroom. I have to go to work tomorrow, but there's always tomorrow night!
On the positive side, a Japanese craft book I won on eBay arrived today! It has Pokemon and Hamtaro characters in it for applique patterns! I'm looking forward to some fun projects for Christmas gifts!
1 comment:
hamtaro?!?! i loved hamtaro. sort of sad my boys outgrew it.
good luck getting the bedroom done.
Post a Comment