We are just spending a quiet day at home, DH working on a paper for his class, DS playing on the computer, me hauling more stuff from bedroom to sewing room. After lunch I decided to take a break and go grocery shopping. As I pulled out of our driveway, my truck mysteriously turned to the left instead of right and I found myself at JoAnn Fabrics (about 5 miles from our house)! The Veteran's Day Sale was calling to me. Lori had interviewed someone from Simplicity on her podcast and it piqued my interest in their patterns again, and they happened to be on sale, 1.99 each. 8 patterns hopped into my basket, two for doggie accessories, one doll clothes pattern, one car organizer, one electronics items totes, fabric bowls, an apron, and one pants/skirt/tops separates. (I have to figure out the linking to the patterns on their website yet). Remnants were on sale at 75% their marked price (which is 50% off the regular price) so I dug through the bins and came away with 7 or 8 remnants for doll clothes, and one 2 3/8 yd piece of 60' wide suede-like home dec fabric in a rust color. That last one would have regularly been $52 but I got it for $6! I'm not sure what it will end up being - a skirt, a vest, pillows for the sofa, etc. We'll see. I also bought 5 yards of a teal moleskin for the pants and top from Simplicity 4886. That might be the inaugural sewing project for my room!
I did the grocery shopping, watched the Redskins lose another one in the 4th quarter, and now a pot of vegetable beef soup is on the stove while I watch/listen to the NASCAR race. I have to get the cable run into the sewing room so I can watch TV in here!
1 comment:
i have a top with the split collar like your pattern. love it. very flattering and easy to wear.
Post a Comment