I know this is mainly a sewing blog (or, at least it's supposed to be), but knitting is what I do outside of my sewing room! Today I am a knitter, and in knitter paradise! A new LYS (local yarn shop) has opened near me! Crazy for Ewe, which has had a very nice shop in Leonardtown, has opened in LaPlata! The new store is in a quaint little house in a section that was pretty much demolished by the tornado in 2002. LaPlata has experienced quite a comeback, with various offices, restaurants, and shops open in the area of the new town hall. Crazy for You is actually about 2 blocks from Material Girls quilt shop (see, still sewing related!). Of course I had to check it out and buy something to celebrate, so some nice sock yarn and some recycled sari silk came home with me!
Then, when I got home my invitation to Ravelry was in my inbox! Ravelry is an online knitting community that is still in beta testing, so you have to put your name on the waiting list to be added as a tester. I got on the waiting list on Nov 12 and was #56 thousand something to sign on, with 11,066 on the waiting list ahead of me. I'd been (in)patiently waiting since then, checking a couple times a day to see where I was. They were adding about 700 users per day, and today was my day! My Ravelry name is busknitter. So far I've just set up my profile. Hopefully tomorrow I can add pictures and stuff!
1 comment:
Crazy for Ewe. Material Girls. So is the "Like a Prayer" Christian Bookstore in the same mall? "Ray of Light" lampstore on the corner??
;)
Post a Comment