DH told me yesterday that while he was off work for 3 days because my FIL was in the hospital, someone stole his lab coat from his classroom! This wasn't your average white labcoat either, it was a red, custom-made lab coat I made for him last September for his birthday. It probably took me 12 hours or so to make, and now it is gone. I'm half tempted to write a letter for him to post in his classroom, but I'm not sure what I would say. I'm really annoyed!
4 comments:
that would be incredibly frustrating! look at it this way...it must have been a great lab coat for someone to steal it. :)
I suspect it was just dumped in a trash can - an XXL bright red labcoat is not something that there's much use for. The worst part is his school ID was clipped to the pocket, so now he has to pay $5 to replace it!
HOW ANNOYING! So bad, so bad. What a great husband you have, that would want a bright red labcoat. He's a keeper - how cool. You gotta make him a new one just because he is so cool. It will take you far less than 12 hours this time and you can make put in a ring a sturdy place so that he can secure it with a padlock and a chain.
I made a skirt for my MIL som years ago. It took a long time. I made a muslin, I measured, I checked again, I sewed it up in the desired fashion fabric, a cheap medium satin. When she got it on, it didn't fit. She had gained weight. Here we go again. After lots of fiddling, it fit her. I had to handsew the lining and the hem because of the horrible fabric. She gets the skirt and I hear nothing about it again. A year later she tells a friend of mine at a party that she ruined it with the iron after having worn it once. I then decided that I would never ever sew anything for her but a bag a decade. I was so annoyed. She never told me herself.
Too bad about the lab coat after all the work you did making it. Making another one????
Post a Comment