The other half got a coating of lighter green chocolate candy melts, and then I drizzled the opposite green on top, kinda fancy-like!
Ramblings of a working Mom as she tries to fit a few stitches in here and there between housework, yardwork, and workwork!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Cute cupcakes
I saw these on Pioneer Woman's cooking blog the other day and knew I had to make them! I tried to take pictures as I went along, but gosh darn it's hard to hold a camera still with one hand while you are dipping something into a bowl of melted chocolate with the other!
At least my thumbnail was clean! Here is the first half of the batch, dipped in dark green candy melts (for St. Patrick's Day, of course!) 
The other half got a coating of lighter green chocolate candy melts, and then I drizzled the opposite green on top, kinda fancy-like!
They tasted pretty good, although the yellow cake fools you a little, and you might be expecting a peanut butter taste like a buckeye. But, DS prefers yellow cake to chocolate, so yellow it was. I think I could have used a little less frosting in them also - that leaves more leftover to eat with a spoon, right?!
The other half got a coating of lighter green chocolate candy melts, and then I drizzled the opposite green on top, kinda fancy-like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I did two things different then what the instructions said in order for mine to turn out like they did.
1. I used a really tiny paintbrush and brush a thin layer of chocolate all around the top edge of each mold before I pushed the cake ball in. I did this so that when I pushed the ball into the chocolate, there would not be any spots missed at the top so it would look smooth and even all the way around.
2. When I dipped the ball into the colored chocolate, I pushe it until the chocolate touch all side of the brown chocolate. I was trying to do it like she said where you don't touch the colors, flip it over, and let it run down. That so did not work on mine at all and I could see cake through the chocolate.
These are my tips on how I made smooth, holeless, cupcake bites. Hope this helps and thanks for visiting my blog.
http://bargainbanana.blogspot.com
Post a Comment