Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

OMG, has it really been since April since I last posted? Good golly, you must have thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth! Actually, I've just been overwhelmed with too much going on. My limited computer time has been on Facebook, mainly playing Farmtown! There's something relaxing about the plowing and planting and harvesting and rearranging my farm!

I have been sewing a little bit at least. I participated in the ASG national service project to sew kids' pillowcases for Ronald McDonald Houses across the country. Our neighborhood group made 136 as of June 6, and of that I made 29! I also donated about 75 yards of fabric from my stash! The local paper sent a reporter to our meeting, and the article is here.

We also got a boat! A 17' Boston Whaler, just the perfect size for Kurt and Erik to take out fishing this summer while I toil away at work, and big enough for the 3 of us to have outings too!

We also adopted a kitty! But that will have to be a separate post! Sneak Preview:

2 comments:

mermaids said...

that kitten is positively adorable!!

Saralyn said...

Kitty pics! I love kitty pics!