Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Back to Basics

Yesterday I bought an address book. The old fashioned, scratch out addresses when someone moves, put a check when you send a holiday card, address book. It doesn't lose addresses, eat them, make them disappear, nor require a computer science degree to get the addresses to print so you can carry 10 pieces of paper somewhere when you want address your envelopes anywhere but at the little computer desk. Take that, Microsoft Outlook - you've been fired as my official address book!

4 comments:

What's Cookin Stacey?? said...

I love my address book! I still use the one from when we first got married.

Christina said...

Oh, I so am there. I had a Clie failure (remember them? From Sony? Like a palm pilot) a few years back and lost everything. I went back to my trusty old address book and won't ever put all that on a computer again!
Are you getting excited about NASCAR resuming? Good to "talk" to you again!

Sue said...

Hi Christina! Yep, I was just telling DH last night that Daytona is in 2 weeks! Of course, right now they are watching 24 hr of Daytona.

mermaids said...

what about your crackberry? all of my addresses are in there, except for the really obscure which have been "archived" into a separate file on my computer.

i could sit down and address cards anywhere... :)