Thursday, February 18, 2010

Knitting Olympics, Day 6

I decided to go for two socks at a time, realizing that repeating a new technique two times in a row would be a good thing. Plus, I can knit until I run out of both balls of yarn, or, if I'm past the heel and we get to the closing ceremonies, I can end the socks at any length and say I'm done! Seriously, this is challenging, keeping two balls of yarn under control and not terribly tangled. I'm not totally fond of the wonky toe shape, but it does fit my foot - scary! I like the colorway of the yarn - it reminds me of the Olympic flame and all of the different colors of the athlete's sportswear. Below is a sort-of close-up of the stitch marker with the Olympic rings on it. My friend Saralyn sent me a set of these during the 2006 Knitting Olympics.

No knitting today. I didn't sleep well last night (congested head and ears) so my commute time was spent mainly sleeping. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Great progress! Love the colors of your yarn -- they are going to be FUN socks!