Ramblings of a working Mom as she tries to fit a few stitches in here and there between housework, yardwork, and workwork!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Sewing observed
A lady got on the commuter bus yesterday in an armscye princess short sleeved shift dress. Cotton broadcloth in a gray with white threads throughout, what used to be called weaver's cloth. No trim or other embellishment, it appeared to be home sewn. It fit very well and I glanced at the zipper as she turned to sit down - center zipper, straight stitching, no puckering. Seams fairly well pressed, maybe the set in short sleeve could have been pressed a little more. Obviously she has sewing skills. Or, whoever sewed it. Later I noticed she was holding a jacket in the same fabric but I didn't get to see that. Note to self - when sewing clothes for me, make sure 1) pressing is perfect and 2) use some kind of embellishment so the garment is not totally plain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And *never* center the zipper--it's a dead giveaway.
Although if you like how it looked and fitted, maybe the giveaway wasn't bad?
Post a Comment