Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Ceiling is White!

Yes, the painting has begun! Whew! I caught a cold earlier this week, so my prep work in DS's room just didn't happen until today. There was still more "stuff" to clear out. Four bags of baby/toddler clothes and accessories and 3 bags of books went to a thrift shop today. Two more bags of books are in the trunk for another trip! I finally started painting the ceiling about 3pm. I don't like painting the ceiling, and I have a hard time getting even pressure on the roller. I had to keep reminding myself this is a 10 year old's bedroom, not a living room for House Beautiful!

Just as I finished cleaning up, DH and DS got home from Pokemon league, so I hopped in the shower and we went out for Thai for dinner. Yum.

I think the priming is set for first thing in the morning (bye bye hot pink!) and then after lunch the colors!

Oh, new fabric for the curtains! I Called Timeless Treasures and found out the flames fabric we bought 1 yard of at G Street is discontinued. So, we went on a hunt for the new flames fabric they have. Tried a local quilt shop and all they had was one by Robert Kaufmann that wasn't quite right. We popped in JoAnn's and I found a gray camo fabric with flames - DS fell in love with it, as the camo prints are one of his favorites. They had 7 7/8 yards, enough for curtains and a couple of pillow covers. His old room is in a construction truck theme, and I have all sorts of pillows plus curtains, out of that "trucks on blue" print that was popular a few years back. In fact, I probably have a few yards of it in my stash somewhere!

1 comment:

mermaids said...

yea! one step closer to your new sewing room.